Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Picking and CALLING all Pizza Lovers

Well my picking days are over, or at least for the next five weeks.  That is, if I want to loose instead of maintain my weight.  The hand picking here and there needs to stop!  I am tempted every time I serve my kids buttery popcorn to grab a handful, or eat one Dove chocolate sitting inside our candy bowl, or simply eat the left over piece of pizza sitting in that box.  See, the thing about handpicking is it seems sinless.  Now if you sit there and down a whole box of pizza maybe you should feel a little guilty and shameful.  But who feels guilty eating one piece?  Hence that is why it seems so harmless.

Some people would agree to say, maybe that will backfire.  If you withhold yourself from those foods then you might gorge and eat it all uncontrollably and go nuts.  My answer to that is we have to do what works best for ourselves.  So far this has proven to work well for me.  I can go back to hand picking treats when I want to maintain my weight.  This is only temporary.  Now if I decided to do the latter then it would just take me a lot longer to achieve my goal. 

I try my best to keep an open mind and will be posting other methods for nutrition restriction/healthy ways to loose weight because like I said, different things work better for other people.



SPEAKING OF PIZZA... you all know it is just a weakness of mine.  Hot bread out of the oven crusted with veggies and lots of stringy cheese on top.  Or how ever you like it, meat lovers, anchovies, you name your poison.

Yesterday I mentioned I got a magazine called Cooking Light.  So here is are a few tips from an article for Navigating a Pizza Menu - by Marge Perry.
(my comments are in quotes)

Choose with care at your local pizza shop, or it might be your waistline that is doughy. (don't you just love blunt honesty? no!)  Two slices easily cost you 500 calories.  Perhaps the most pressing concern is that you can consume more than a days worth of sodium from just two slices. (ouch!)  But fear not- it is possible to eat Pizza without undoing a healthy diet.  When it comes to calories, there are smart choices and indulgent ones.  Avoiding sodium is nearly impossible though.  Your best strategy is planning around it.  Proceed or follow Pizza night with a day of lower sodium foods.  And size does matter: Order a large instead of a medium, and you end up consuming 40 percent more pizza per slice.  The numbers below are for two slices in different varieties.  Nutrition numbers are estimates.

Thin Crust Cheese -  Healthiest Choice
388 Calories
You save 50 Calories and 200mg of sodium opting for
the thin crust-without sacrificing flavor.  Choosing this
option is a no brainer, no matter what the topping.   

Thin Crust Mixed Vegetable
466 calories
1,020 milligrams of sodium

Hand Tossed Pepperoni
514 calories
Peperoni is one of the highest meat toppings in fat, calories
and sodium.  If you simply must have it, remove half of the
pepperonis.

Hand Tossed Hawaiian
520 calories
Don't think fruit makes this a healthy choice.  The pineapple
is typical sweetened and the ham ratchets up the sodium
nearly 1,300 milligrams per serving.

Deep Dish Cheese (AKA Splurging)
640 calories 
Two slices from a 12 inch deep dish pizza have more than
twice the calories, fat and sodium you would get with a
regular crust!  (think twice about this pizza ladies)

The Works Supreme Hand Tossed
606 calories
We bet you knew it was bad-but did you know it would
be this bad?  If you must have meat on your pizza, choose
one kind.  This meat fest contains 12 grams of saturated
fat and almost 1,400 milligrams of sodium in just two slices.

(Now that I may have possibly scared you from touching pizza, or not.. a few facts learned about pizza is embedded in the back of your brain.)

3 comments:

  1. Hiv disease for the last 3 years and had pain hard to eat and cough are nightmares,especially the first year At this stage, the immune system is severely weakened, and the risk of contracting opportunistic infections is much greater. However, not everyone with HIV will go on to develop AIDS. The earlier you receive treatment, the better your outcome will be.I started taking ARV to avoid early death but I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.As a Hiv patent we are advise to be taking antiretroviral treatments to reduce our chance of transmitting the virus to others , few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information on Hiv treatment with herbal medicine, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from Hiv her name was Achima Abelard and other Herpes Virus patent Tasha Moore also giving testimony about this same man,Called Dr Itua Herbal Center.I was moved by the testimony and i contacted him by his Email.drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com We chatted and he send me a bottle of herbal medicine I drank it as he instructed me to.After drinking it he ask me to go for a test that how i ended my suffering life of Hiv patent,I'm cured and free of Arv Pills.I'm forever grateful to him Drituaherbalcenter.Here his contact Number +2348149277967...He assure me he can cure the following disease..Hiv,Cancer,Herpes Virus,Epilepsy, fibromyalgia ,ALS,Hepatitis,Copd,Parkinson disease.Diabetes,Fibroid...

    ReplyDelete

  2. I am bold enough among many others to state that there is now a potent cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with the virus 3 months ago, after a medical check-up. My doctor told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my world has crumbled. I was dying slowly due to the announcement of my medical practitioner but he assured me that I could leave a normal life if I took my medications (as there was no medically known cure to Herpes). I went from churches to churches but soon found that my case needed urgent attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to look for a lasting solution to my predicament, I sought for solutions from the herbal world. I went online and searched for every powerful trado-medical practitioner that I could severe, cos I heard that the African Herbs had a cure to the Herpes syndrome. It was after a little time searching the web that I came across one Dr Itua(A powerful African Herbal Doctor), who offered to help me at a monetary fee. I had to comply as this was my final bus-stop to receiving a perfect healing. My last resolve was to take my life by myself, should this plan fail. At last it worked out well. He gave me some steps to follow and I meticulously carried out all his instructions. Last month, to be precise, I went back to the hospital to conduct another test and to my amazement, the results showed that negative,Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid,Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Leukemia,Lung Cancer,Non Hodgkin Lymphoma,Skin Cancer,Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer Dercum,fibromyalgia,Get Your Ex Back,Als,SYPHILLIS,Genetic disease,Epilepsy, Parkinson's disease..You can free yourself of this Herpes virus by consulting this great African Herbal Doctor via this e-mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com or call and whatsapp him on +2348149277967 He will help you and his herb medication is sure. he has the cure on all disease .You can talk to me on INSTAGRAM..tashamoore219....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm 15 years old. I was born with HIV my mother passed away because of the HIV infection And I regret why i never met Dr Itua he could have cured my mum for me because as a single mother it was very hard for my mother I came across Dr itua healing words online about how he cure different disease in different races diseases like HIV/Aids Herpes,Parkison,Copd,Epilepsy,Shingles,Cold Sore,Infertility, Chronic Fatigues Syndrome,Fibromyalgia, Diabetes Hepatitis even Cancer I was so excited but frighten at same time because I haven't come across such thing article online then I contacted Dr Itua on Mail drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com I also chat with him on what's app +2348149277967 he tells me how it works then I tell him I want to proceed I paid him so swiftly Colorado post office I receive my herbal medicine within 4/5 working days he gave me guild lines to follow and here am I living healthy again can imagine how god use men to manifest his works am I writing in all articles online to spread the god work of Dr Itua Herbal Medicine,He's a Great Man.

    ReplyDelete